Thanksgiving hosting is not for the faint of heart. The frenzied preparation leaves many gasping for energy the next day. To guarantee your shopping does not go awry, keep these meal planning principles in mind.
A successful Thanksgiving menu includes three elements:
- A flavorful main course that’s mouth watering and eye-catching.
- A smattering of side dishes that appeal to various appetites.
- A memorable dessert that your visitors will crave the next day.
If you have been racing to-and-fro fretting over decorations, place settings and Pinterest-worthy ambience, it’s time for a Thanksgiving Day reboot.
Your guests will marvel over the food. They will appreciate the drinks and decor. But a good meal spent in your presence is what they’ll treasure most.
To combat overwhelm, we created a holiday cheat sheet to help you with your day. And gathered 41 show-stopping Thanksgiving recipes that will wow your company and have them clamoring for more.
Our pre-launch plan includes two pumpkin favorites to jumpstart the day.
Welcome your guests with the soothing aromas of apple cider and seasonal cocktails to enjoy after the meal.
- Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider
- Harvest Apple Ginger Spritz
- Cranberry Ice with Prosecco
- Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers
- Apple Cider Bourbon Sangria
- Ginger Bourbon Cider
Your 5-star dinner begins with the leading lady for your event. We’ve selected nine standout meat dishes that any host will love.
- Truffle Roast Turkey
- Bourbon Ham with House Mustard and Biscuits
- Roast Duck with Cherries and Roast Kipfler Potatoes
- Sage and Fennel Roasted Pork with Cider Apples
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Apple Cider Braised Lamb Shanks
- Roasted Chicken with Maple Butter and Rosemary
- Mustard Pork Loin Roast
- Cider-Brined Smoked Turkey with Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
Complement your main course with popular Thanksgiving side dishes and something unexpected too.
- Apple Herb Stuffing for All Seasons
- Herbed Sausage, Cranberry and Apple Stuffing
- Rich Cornbread Dressing
- Leek and Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes
- Buttermilk Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Ginger Sake Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry and Walnut Relish
- Cranberry Jam
Opt for lighter vegetable choices to accommodate smaller palates and health conscious guests.
- Maple Roasted Cardamom-Spiced Carrots and Apples
- Lemon and Garlic Green Beans
- Maple Roasted Carrots with Walnuts and Feta
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Salad with Maple-Rosemary Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Cranberries & Feta
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Fried Brussels Sprouts with Lemon, Mint and Buttermilk
- Wheat Berry Salad with Whiskey-Soaked Cranberries, Kale and Roasted Butternut Squash
End the meal with a delectable Thanksgiving dessert that will have everyone talking.
- Chai Pumpkin Cake with Maple Browned Butter Frosting
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Even More Perfect Apple Pie
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Layer Cake with Molasses Buttercream
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Fluff
- Profiterole, Whiskey and Maple Trifle
- Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Pecan Praline Glaze
Last Minute Tips
Grab your free Thanksgiving printables! Sign for up our Lifestyle Collection below.
Don’t forget to capture the happy moments from your gathering through pictures and videos. Use the Project Life app to create a collage you can share with friends and loved ones.
Remember your recipe requests!
Create a document and upload it to Google Docs or Evernote. This will alleviate the necessity of writing the recipe by hand. Include the image and a web link for your guests. They will appreciate your hospitality and look forward to your next event.
Nurture Your Aspiration
Join our community for complimentary access to our Lifestyle Collection and weekly newsletter.